World’s top 6 beautiful architectural structures
Are you an architect? Looking for some inspirations?
We bring the list of top 6 architectural structures for you. You will surely find the inspiration from them.
Here is the list of best architectural structures of all time from all over the world.
- Taj Mahal-Agra, India: Taj Mahal is situated on the bank of river Yamuna, India. It is one of the most popular architectures in the world. It has been included in the list of world’s seven wonders. This ivory-white mausoleum was built in the 17 th century by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal is the one of the best examples of Mughal Architectures. The style is inspired from Persian, Indian and Turkish architectural styles. The entire structure consists of main gate, garden, mosque, rest house and main mausoleum. Use of calligraphy is prominent in the exterior parts. The inner chamber of Taj Mahal is octagon. The main structure is surrounded by four pillars. They are symmetrical.
2. Eiffel Tower-Paris, France: It’s another example of world’s finest architectures. This widely popular tower was built in 1889 and named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel. It’s the tallest building of Paris and is 324 meters in height. It’s mainly made of wrought iron. The iron base of the tower is connected to stoneworks by bolts.
3. Leaning Tower-Pisa, Italy: Leaning Tower in Pisa is one of the best designed buildings in the world. It’s famous for its peculiar leaning position. It’s a perfect example of Italian Romanesque style. The construction was started in the 12 th century and completed in the 14 th century.
4. Burj Khalifa, Dubai: This is the tallest building in the world. This was constructed in 2010. The total height of Burj Khalifa is 829.8 meter. This 162-storey tower contains residences, offices, restaurants, observation deck and a Georgio Armani hotel. The design is inspired by the geometry of Hymenocallis, a regional desert flower and Islamic architecture. Its Y-shaped foundation reduces the wind force on the tower and fosters the constructability. Tom Wright of WKK Architects is credited for this wonderful design.
5. Sydney Opera House, Australia: It’s another example of finest architectures in the world. It was designed by John Utzon, a Danish architect. It was opened on October 20, 1973 for theatrical productions. The height of this shell-shaped Opera House is 65 m. This opera house is an example of modern style architecture and contains concert hall, opera theatre, drama theatre and playhouse.
6. Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur: Petronas Towers are twin skyscrapers located in the capital city of Malayasia. Petronas towers were built in 1998 and are known for innovative design. They are 451.9 m tall. This style was designed by Argentinian architect Cesar Pelli and Achmad Murdijat, engineer Deejay Cerico and designer Dominic Saibo under the consultancy of JC Guinto. They chose distinctive postmodern style.
All these iconic buildings are the inspirations for architects.